Position: Senior Engineer, Pune Technology Center, NALCO India Ltd.
Ph.D in Chemical Engineering at Illinois Institute of Tech, Chicago
Current research includes understanding corrosion in oil refineries and development of next generation corrosion inhibitors. Identifying various opportunities to automate corrosion inhibitor injection based on real time corrosion rate measurements in refineries.
- S. Sambandam and V. Ramani, Estimation of electrode binder permeability and binder-phase oxygen transport resistance in PEFCs (Submitted to Phys Chem. Chem. Phys.)
- S. Sambandam and V. Ramani, Influence of binder properties on kinetic and transport processes in polymer electrolyte fuel cell electrodes Phys Chem. Chem. Phys. 12 (2010) 6140-6149.
- Y. P. Patil, S. Sambandam, V. Ramani and K. A. Mauritz, Model studies of the durability of a titania-modified Nafion fuel cell membrane J. Electrochem. Soc. 156 (9) (2009) B1092-B1098.
- S. Sambandam, V. Valluri, W. Chanmanee, N. R. de Tacconi, W. A. Wampler, W-Y. Lin, T. F. Carlson, V. Ramani and K. Rajeshwar Platinum-carbon black-titanium dioxide nanocomposite electrocatalysts for fuel cell applications J. Chemical Sciences 121 (5) (2009) 1-10 (Invited article).
- N. R. de Tacconi, C. R. Chenthamarakshan, K. Rajeshwar, W-Y. Lin, T. F. Carlson, L. Nikiel, W. A. Wampler, S. Sambandam and V. Ramani Photocatalytically generated Pt/C-TiO2 electrocatalysts with enhanced catalyst dispersion for improved membrane durability in polymer electrolyte fuel cells J. Electrochem. Soc. 155 (11) (2008) B1102-B1109.
- S. Sambandam and V. Ramani, Effect of cathode binder loading and IEC on the kinetic and transport losses of all-SPEEK MEAs Electrochimica Acta 53 (2008) 6328-6336
- S.Sambandam and V.Ramani, SPEEK/functionalized silica composite membranes for polymer electrolyte fuel cells J. Power Sources 170 (2007) 259-267.